English Word Search Game
|1||1. adj. Having much distance from one terminating point on an object or an area to another terminating point (usually applies to horizontal dimensions; see Usage Notes below).|
3. adj. Having great duration.
|2||1. v. To start (a fire).|
3. v. To set fire to; to set burning; to kindle.
|3||1. adv. (heading) To the greatest extent or degree; completely, entirely.|
2. adv. With verbs, especially past participles.
3. adv. * (RQ:Spenser Faerie Queene, book=I, passage=Thus when they had the witch disrobed quight, / And all her filthy feature open showne, / They let her goe at will, and wander wayes vnknowne.)
|4||1. adj. In the early part of growth or life; born not long ago.|
3. adj. At an early stage of existence or development; having recently come into existence.
|5||1. v. A painting of a girl reading.|
2. v. (obsolete) To think, believe; to consider (that).
3. v. (transitive or intransitive) To look at and interpret letters or other information that is written.
|6||1. v. simple past tense and past participle of lose|
2. adj. Having wandered from, or unable to find, the way.
|7||1. adj. Healthy.|
|8||1. adj. Cunning; clever, skilful.|
2. adj. Pleasant in sight or other senses; attractive, especially of women or children.
3. adj. Of objects or things: nice-looking, appealing.
|9||1. v. third-person singular present indicative of enter|
2. n. plural of enter
|10||1. n. examples-right|
2. n. The word inventory may be pronounced with four syllables (/ˈɪn.vən.tɔ.ɹɪ/) or only three (/ɪnˈvɛn.tɹɪ/).
3. n. The word island is six letters long; the s has never been pronounced but was added under the influence of isle.
|11||1. prep. Up to the time of (something happening).|
2. prep. Before (a time).
3. prep. (obsolete) To; physically towards.
|12||1. n. (obsolete) An expression of appreciation; a thought.|
2. v. To express gratitude or appreciation toward.
|13||1. det. plural of this|
2. det. Note: depending on the context, the word those may be used either in place of or interchangeably with these.
3. pron. plural of this
|14||1. v. (ditransitive) To move, shift, provide something abstract or concrete to someone or something or somewhere.|
2. v. To transfer one's possession or holding of (something) to (someone).
|15||1. v. To prop; support; sustain; hold up; steady.|
2. v. To stop; detain; keep back; delay; hinder.
3. v. To restrain; withhold; check; stop.