English Word Search Game
|1||1. n. A task.|
2. n. An economic role for which a person is paid.
3. n. (in noun compounds) Plastic surgery, see e.g. nose job.
|2||1. n. plural of look|
2. n. (pluralonly) One's appearance or attractiveness.
3. v. third-person singular of look
|3||1. v. present participle of get|
2. n. act of obtaining
|4||1. n. The period of time that has already happened, in contrast to the present and the future.|
2. n. (grammar) The past tense.
3. adj. Having already happened, in the past, finished. (from 14th c.)
|5||1. v. third-person singular of make|
2. n. plural of make
|6||1. vt. To cause or allow (something) to remain as available, to refrain from taking (something) away, to stop short of consuming or otherwise depleting (something) entirely.|
2. vt. To transfer possession of after death.
3. vt. To give (something) to someone, to deliver (something) to a repository, to deposit.
|7||1. n. A building or room where clerical or professional duties are performed.|
2. n. A bureau, an administrative unit of government.
3. n. A position of responsibility of some authority within an organisation.
|8||1. adj. Having much distance from one terminating point on an object or an area to another terminating point (usually applies to horizontal dimensions, see Usage Notes below).|
2. adj. Having great duration.
3. adj. (UK, dialect) Not short, tall.
|9||1. adj. Occurring within a short time, or quickly|
2. adv. Within a short time, quickly
3. adv. early
|10||1. v. third-person singular of know|
2. v. (nonstandard) All persons, singular and plural, present form of know.
|11|| v. simple past of take|
|12||1. n. a will for something to happen.|
2. n. (Sussex) a water meadow.
3. v. (with for) to hope (for a particular outcome)
|13||1. n. (heading) A dwelling.|
2. n. One’s own dwelling place; the house or structure in which one lives; especially the house in which one lives with his family; the habitual abode of one’s family; also, one’s birthplace.
3. n. The place where a person was raised; Childhood or parental home; home of one’s parents or guardian.
|14||1. n. plural of doe|
2. v. third-person singular of do
|15||1. vt. To think something is true without having proof or empirical evidence.|
2. vt. To accept that someone is telling the truth.
3. vt. To accept as true.