English Word Search Game
|1||1. vt. To delay movement or action until the arrival or occurrence of, to await. (Now generally superseded by "wait for".)|
2. vi. To delay movement or action until some event or time, to remain neglected or in readiness.
3. vi. To wait tables, to serve customers in a restaurant or other eating establishment.
|2||1. adv. (archaic or literary) outside, externally|
2. adv. Lacking something.
3. prep. (archaic or literary) Outside of, beyond
|3||1. prep. at the back of|
2. prep. to the back of
3. prep. after, time- or motion-wise
|4|| v. third-person singular of have|
|5||1. v. second-person singular simple present tense of be|
3. v. first-person plural simple present tense of be
|6||1. vt. To encounter, to discover something searched for.|
2. vt. To point out.
3. vt. To decide that, to form the opinion that.
|7||1. adv. In any way, any extent or any degree.|
2. pron. Any object, act, state, event, or fact whatever, thing of any kind, something or other, aught.
3. pron. (with “as” or “like”) Expressing an indefinite comparison.
|8||1. v. To occur or take place.|
2. v. To occur unexpectedly, by chance or with a low probability.
3. v. (followed by on) or upon To encounter by chance.
|9||1. n. plural of day|
2. n. Life.
3. adv. During the day.
|10||1. v. past of kill|
2. adj. (metallurgy, of steel) deoxidized
|11||1. n. A (usually self-sustaining) chemical reaction involving the bonding of oxygen with carbon or other fuel, with the production of heat and the presence of flame or smouldering.|
2. n. Something that has produced or is capable of producing this chemical reaction, such as a campfire.
3. n. The often accidental occurrence of fire in a certain place leading to its full or partial destruction.
|12||1. n. A portable or wearable timepiece.|
2. n. A particular time period when guarding is kept.
3. n. A person or group of people who guard.
|13||1. n. (usually plural) Field, especially for racing.|
2. adv. (comparable) From a higher position to a lower one, downwards.
3. adv. (comparable) At a lower place or position.
|14||1. pron. An indefinite large number of.|
2. pron. A collective mass of people.
3. pron. An indefinite large number of people or things.
|15||1. v. third-person singular of turn|
2. n. plural of turn