English Word Search Game
|1||1. vt. To delay movement or action until the arrival or occurrence of, to await. (Now generally superseded by "wait for".)|
2. vi. To delay movement or action until some event or time, to remain neglected or in readiness.
3. vi. To wait tables, to serve customers in a restaurant or other eating establishment.
|2|| v. third-person singular of have|
|3||1. v. To put (something) down, to rest.|
3. v. To attach or affix (something) to something else, or in or upon a certain place.
|4||1. n. The act of killing.|
2. n. Specifically, the death blow.
3. n. The result of killing, that which has been killed.
|5||1. adj. Final, ultimate, coming after all others of its kind.|
3. adj. Most recent, latest, last so far.
|6||1. vi. To cease moving.|
2. vi. To come to an end.
3. vt. To cause (something) to cease moving or progressing.
|7||1. adj. Alone in a category.|
2. adj. Singularly superior, the best.
3. adj. Without sibling, without a sibling of the same gender.
|8||1. adj. Other, in addition to previously mentioned items.|
2. adv. Otherwise, if not.
3. conj. For otherwise, or else.
|9||1. n. (nautical) A strong rope supporting a mast, and leading fromthe head of one mast down to some other, or other part of the vessel.|
2. n. A guy, rope, or wire supporting or stabilizing a platform, such as a bridge, a pole, such as a tentpole, the mast of a derrick, or other structural element.
3. n. (chain-cable) The transverse piece in a link.
|10||1. n. The time it takes the Earth to complete one revolution of the Sun (between 365.24 and 365.26 days depending on the point of reference).|
3. n. The time it takes for any planetary body to make one revolution around another body.
|11||1. adv. (frequency) One and only one time.|
2. adv. (temporal location) Formerly, during some period in the past.
3. adv. (mathematics) multiplied by one: indicating that a number is multiplied by one
|12||1. v. past of lose|
2. adj. Unable to find one's way, unavailable, with location unknown.
|13|| pron. One person chosen without thought, anybody.|
|14||1. n. The part of the fore limb below the forearm or wrist in a human, and the corresponding part in many other animals.|
2. n. That which resembles, or to some extent performs the office of, a human hand, as
3. n. In linear measurement:
|15||1. adv. Back (to a former place or state). (from 11th c.)|
2. adv. Another time, once more. (from 14th c.)
3. adv. Over and above a factor of one. (from 16th c.)