Use this exercise to improve your German sentence construction. You can click on the grey boxes to reveal the initial or last letters if you need a hint.
He did as he was told.
Show the words' first letters
Show the words' last letters
Show the German sentence
1. pron. (personal) he. 3. pron. (personal) it (when the grammatical gender of the object/article/thing/animal etc., being referred to, is masculine (der)).
1. n-f. deed 2. n-f. act 3. n-f. (law enforcement) crime, offense 4. v. first-person singular past tense of tun 5. v. third-person singular past tense of tun
1. art. the; nominative singular neuter of der 2. art. the; accusative singular neuter of der 3. pron. who, that, which (relative) (In a subordinate clause, indicates a person or thing referenced in the main clause. Used with neuter singular referents). 6. pron. this, that (demonstrative) 9. pron. (colloquial) it
1. pron. (interrogative) what 3. pron. (relative) which (referring to the entire preceding clause) 5. pron. (relative) that, which (referring to das, m, and neuter substantival adjectives) 8. pron. (relative, colloquial) that, which (referring to neuter singular nouns, instead of standard das) 10. pron. (indefinite, colloquial) something, anything (instead of standard etwas) 12. adv. (colloquial) a little, somewhat
1. pron. one; you; they; people (indefinite pronoun; construed as a third-person singular) 8. adv. (colloquial, regional, northern Germany) just; only
1. pron. (personal) dative of er, him, to him (indirect object); (in some cases) for him. 2. pron. (personal) dative of es, it, to it (indirect object); (in some cases) for it.