Use this exercise to improve your French sentence construction. Click on the grey boxes to reveal various hints from hard to easy, such as the English translation or the meaning of the words, or even try to figure it out without any clues
Show the English translation
Show the words' meanings
Show the French sentence
1. art. plural of le: the 2. art. plural of la: the 3. pron. plural of le: them 4. pron. plural of la: them
n. plural of étoile
1. v. third-person plural present indicative of illuminer 2. v. third-person plural present subjunctive of illuminer
1. art. The (definite article). 2. art. Used before abstract nouns, not translated in English. 3. art. (before parts of the body) The, my, your, etc. 4. art. (before units) A, an. 5. pron. (direct object) Him, it. 6. pron. (used to refer to something previously mentioned or implied, not translated in English).
1. n. sky 2. n. heaven 3. n. canopy (of a bed etc) 4. interj. heavens!
1. n. black (person) 2. adj. black in colour. 3. adj. drunk, inebriated. 4. adj. black, of black ethnicity 5. n. a black person 6. n. a person whose hair is dark 7. n. dark, darkness